Tuesday, April 30, 2013

IUI #2

One good thing about this cycle was hubby's post wash count went up. I only had one dominant follicle though, but there was another follicle that would have caught up until my ovulation.

I was confident about the timing of the IUI. It was my CD13 that I got a positive result on the OPK, so we went on with the IUI. It was a Saturday (April 13) and SLMC - GC's CARMI was closed on the weekend, so the procedure had to be done in Dr. Jing's clinic at SLMC - Quezon City. 


Unfortunately, AF came today -- my CD30 and 17DPIUI. It was supposed to come two days ago, so I had high hopes when it was delayed. Thus the frustration I am feeling right now. I am still somewhat in denial, hoping that it is just implantation or pregnancy bleeding. I have read in some forums and blogs that bleeding like period could happen even when pregnant. Some women claimed that their "period" lasted for five days just like their regular period, had pregnancy symptoms after that, and confirmed through tests that they were pregnant. 


At this moment I'm not sure if I still want to try another cycle of IUI. It is just so sad, stressful, and emotionally exhausting. 


Studies show that IVF has a higher success rate compared to IUI. It may be our next option, but not for now. It's way too expensive.


Maybe I will take this time off from work-up for a while....maybe....I can only sigh...






2 comments:

  1. hi. if you don't me asking, may I know how much it caused you for all the tests and IUI? How much is the consultation fees? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Kindly e-mail me at dette.villegas@gmail.com so I could send you the details. =)

      Delete