Sunday, May 5, 2013

When panic attacks

Because of my 2nd failed IUI, I started obsessing about things I should do next to get pregnant. I have been preoccupied with reading blogs about IVF, particularly in Taiwan. I even e-mailed 2 of the most popular doctors in Taiwan who do IVF to inquire about the procedure -- Lee Women's Hospital and Mackay Memorial Hospital. I am eyeing on the latter though. Both replied through their secretaries anyway. I even checked information about visa application, accommodation, and air fare. Everything seems so easy to get, except for one thing -- funding...haha...

As I was taking a shower yesterday, my mind also wandered. Suddenly I had somewhat of a panic attack. I thought about turning 36 this year, my clock is ticking, and I don't have a child yet. I cried so hard thinking about these things. Good thing hubby was there for comfort. He told me to be strong. I have been trying to be strong, but sometimes it's just so tiring...so I cry for temporary relief.

I feel happy when someone I know gets pregnant, but envious at the same time. One of the blogs I have read was about a Filipino woman who underwent IVF in 2012 at Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taiwan. She was 40 then and got pregnant with twins! This gives me hope somehow.

This is the link to her blog: http://infertilitynotes.blogspot.com




There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must of felt what it is to die, Morrel, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life. 
" Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget, that until the day God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words, 'Wait and Hope.” 
― Alexandre Dumas









No comments:

Post a Comment