Friday, January 31, 2014

Pregnancy: 14th Week

I took the lab tests required by Dr. Candelario five days before my next appointment with her. Thankfully, the results of the tests were within the normal values.

On January 25th, I and hubby went to Dr. Candelario for another check-up. I was on my 14th week. The following was the report based on the ultrasound:

-Fetal Hart Rate: 146bpm
-Average Ultrasonic Age: 14w2d
-Ultrasonic EDC: 7/21/2014
-Estimated Fetal Weight: 87g
-Presentation: Cephalic
-Placenta: Anterior low-lying, grade 1

As Dr. Candelario was doing the ultrasound, she suddenly said without warning that she suspected our little one was a boy. This got me more excited because I have always wanted a boy for my first child, although hubby wanted a girl. Anyway, it was too early to tell so we just need to wait until the 5th month to be 100% sure. But in the end, hubby and I are praying for a healthy baby no matter what the gender is.

Dr. Candelario did not prescribe any new supplement, so I would still continue to take Celgro, Utrogestan, Folic Acid, and Similac.

me, at 14 weeks far along


Contrary to common belief that baby bump usually shows later in the pregnancy for first pregnancies, I was already starting to show at 14 weeks. 

My next visit to Dr. Candelario will be on February 25th. Can't wait!




2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog early last year and was heart broken when you stopped after the failed IUIs... We've been trying to get pregnant for 4 years now... I thought I'd gave up but something urged me to search again today for infertility doctors... And suprisingly saw your blog again but this time with a success story... Aaaaw... So happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Don't lose hope, just hang in there. You will have your success story, too. =)

      Delete